Joe's Kuqi coup
IPSWICH today signed Finnish international striker Shefki Kuqi on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.Town boss Joe Royle finally got his man after two days of negotiations with the Hillsborough club.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH today signed Finnish international striker Shefki Kuqi on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.
Town boss Joe Royle finally got his man after two days of negotiations with the Hillsborough club.
Kuqi, 26, will be at Portman Road for three months with a view to a permanent deal.
Royle's persistence – he originally tried to snap up the Kosovo-born star in July – paid off when he received a positive answer from his Wednesday counterpart, Chris Turner, this morning.
Kuqi goes straight into the squad for tomorrow's trip to face second-bottom Watford as Ipswich seek to make it three league wins in a row.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
See tonight's Evening Star for full story