Johnson enjoys Pro-Am triumph
GOLF: Tim Johnson (Cretingham) shot an excellent five under par 65 to win the recent Fynn Valley Pro-Am.Despite the occasional downpour that affected the later starters, scoring was excellent in the conditions.
TIM Johnson (Cretingham) shot an excellent five under par 65 to win the recent Fynn Valley Pro-Am.
Despite the occasional downpour that affected the later starters, scoring was excellent in the conditions.
In a field that contained 32 professionals, many of them the East Region PGA's best players, Johnson showed the way but only won by one shot from Steven Harris (Harpenden), with Alex Lucas (Fynn Valley) and Halesworth's Simon Harrison a further shot behind.
In fact, even players broke par with a further six all finishing on level par.
In the team event, Johnson missed out by just one shot of completing a double, with his team finishing runners-up to the one in which Hanover's Tony Blackburn was the professional.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
65- Tim Johnson (Cretingham), 66-Steven Harris (Harpenden), 67- Alex Lucas (Fynn Valley) and Simon Harrison (Halesworth), 68- Warren Sargeant (Gosfield Lakes), Chris Goddard (Romford), 69- Lee Patterson (Cromer), 70- Simon Dainty (Fynn Valley), Pat Winston (A1 Driving Range), Andy Cotton (Waldringfield Heath), Tony Blackburn (Hanover), Mark Stokes (Hartswood), Jon Robson (unattached).
Leading team scores (professional names only): Tony Blackburn (-20), Tim Johnson (-19), Simon Dainty (-17), Lee Patterson (-15).