Johnson returns to spoil Town's day
Ipswich Town 1 Nottingham Forest 2DAVID Johnson, the former King of Portman Road, came back to rule when his two goals gave Nottingham Forest victory this afternoon.
Ipswich Town 1 Nottingham Forest 2
DAVID Johnson, the former King of Portman Road, came back to rule when his two goals gave Nottingham Forest victory this afternoon.
Johnson struck in the 11th and 55th minute as Ipswich Town suffered their eighth home defeat in the First Division this season.
Victory for the Blues, would have seen them to third in the table, but now they still have work to do in their final two matches at Sheffield United on Friday and at home to Cardiff on May 9 if they are to finish in the top six.
The heads of the Ipswich players were bowed as they trudged off the field at the end while lowly Forest were in joyful mood having virtually ensured their Division One safety. Seventeen year-old Dean Bowditch gave Town hope in an open game with a fine equaliser in the 34th minute but with Andy Reid outstanding and Johnson in predatory mood the visitors deserved their success.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard