Keane's men beaten by Lee's double
Ipswich Town 3 Sunderland 1ALAN Lee hit a double as The Blues came from a goal down to end Roy Keane's unbeaten start as a Sunderland manager.Ipswich had to dig deep in a physical first half and went behind when jason De Vos stuck through his own net.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 3 Sunderland 1
ALAN Lee hit a double as The Blues came from a goal down to end Roy Keane's unbeaten start as a Sunderland manager.
Ipswich had to dig deep in a physical first half and went behind when jason De Vos stuck through his own net.
You may also want to watch:
But Darren Currie equalised with a superbly struck free kick and provided the cross that led to Lee nodding in his first.
Lee rounded things off after poor Mackem defending and the Irishman ran on to a long de Vos header before rounding the keeper and scoring his third goal in two games.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Ross Wallace was dismissed for his second booking but Sunderland were well beaten by then anyway.