Keane's men beaten by Lee's double
Ipswich Town 3 Sunderland 1ALAN Lee hit a double as The Blues came from a goal down to end Roy Keane's unbeaten start as a Sunderland manager.Ipswich had to dig deep in a physical first half and went behind when jason De Vos stuck through his own net.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 3 Sunderland 1
ALAN Lee hit a double as The Blues came from a goal down to end Roy Keane's unbeaten start as a Sunderland manager.
Ipswich had to dig deep in a physical first half and went behind when jason De Vos stuck through his own net.
But Darren Currie equalised with a superbly struck free kick and provided the cross that led to Lee nodding in his first.
Lee rounded things off after poor Mackem defending and the Irishman ran on to a long de Vos header before rounding the keeper and scoring his third goal in two games.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 4 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Roadworks at key Ipswich town centre junction set to end this week
Ross Wallace was dismissed for his second booking but Sunderland were well beaten by then anyway.