Kelvin completes £1.25m exit
KELVIN Davis has completed his £1.25million transfer to Premiership Sunderland.Ipswich will pocket just under £1million from the deal with the remainder going to the keeper's former club MK Dons (Wimbledon).
By Elvin King
KELVIN Davis has completed his £1.25million transfer to Premiership Sunderland.
Ipswich will pocket just under £1million from the deal with the remainder going to the keeper's former club MK Dons (Wimbledon).
Davis, 28, who has signed a four-year deal, said: “It is a big step for me leaving Ipswich and I needed to know the move was the right one.
“Sunderland are a huge club with great support and I am now really looking forward to next season and the challenge of keeping the team in the top flight.
“I would like to thank everyone at Ipswich. The club was fantastic to me and I am only sorry that we didn't quite make it into the Premiership. I certainly hope they make it next season.”
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy said: “This represents a tremendous signing. Kelvin has played in the Premier League with Wimbledon and he has played something near 40 games a season for the last four years.
“He was voted the best goalkeeper in the Championship by the PFA last season and has terrific ability.”