Kesgrave win great U-13 final
CRICKET: Kesgrave and Worlingworth took part in the final of the Copleston Centre Under-13 League final at Chantry Park. Kesgrave reached the final by beating Bury St Edmunds in the semi-final while Worlingworth overcame Copdock.
By Elvin King
KESGRAVE and Worlingworth took part in the final of the Copleston Centre Under-13 League final at Chantry Park. Kesgrave reached the final by beating Bury St Edmunds in the semi-final while Worlingworth overcame Copdock.
Kesgrave, who had beaten Bury St Edmunds in the semi-final, won the toss and elected to bat. After a slow start, they got going and posted a total of 104 for Worlingworth to chase.
Michael Baker played a magnificent innings scoring 57 runs.
Worlingworth, who beat Copdock in the last round, came under pressure immediately due to some tight bowling by the Kesgrave Worne twins, Michael and Stephen, supported by excellent fielding.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich
Worlingworth batted out their overs but were restricted to a total of 54 runs.
It was a great win for Kesgrave who only began their junior section two years ago. Head coaches Alan Warner and Richard Bradley can be justifiably proud of the boys' performance.