King baffled by Lynn crash
IPSWICH Witches youngster Daniel King was at a loss to explain his crash with team-mate Daniel Nermark in heat 12 at the Norfolk Arena on Saturday night as Ipswich lost 48-41 to King's Lynn Stars.
IPSWICH Witches youngster Daniel King was at a loss to explain his crash with team-mate Daniel Nermark in heat 12 at the Norfolk Arena on Saturday night in a match Ipswich lost 48-41.
He said: "I just don't know what happened. I was racing for the corner and suddenly I was all hooked up and was just getting thrown all over the place.
"I've hurt my foot and will have to see how it is later on.
"This was not such a good performance as some of my earlier meetings for the Witches, but you have to accept you have some good and some bad days and I'm just glad to have escaped with hopefully only minor damage."
You may also want to watch:
Kim Jansson had another decent meeting for the visitors and he said: "I have some pain here and there and I must say that the fence here is very safe for the audience.
"My fall started half a lap earlier really, I was on the wrong line for the bottom bends, when I went up the inside on the back straight and the bike was just spinning-up.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
"This let Watt come back round me on the home straight and when we got to the corner he chopped across me which left me with nowhere to go but straight for the fence.
"I don't know when I will be riding again in England, but I hope it will be soon, either with a club in the Premier League or in the Witches Elite League side."
Keith Chapman (King's Lynn co-promoter) said: "I'm pleased to win but it is just a shame about all the incidents, they have made it our worst meeting of the season".
John Louis commented: "Danny Bird blew an engine on Friday and phoned to say that he just couldn't get any kit together. With Paul Hurry out injured and Ben Howe sick we were limited with who we could bring in."