Ladies' efforts provide a major boost
GOLF: The annual general meeting of the ladies' section was held with the club president Jack Warburton in the chair. In the absence of the club captain, the vice captain George Crozier was also present.
THE annual general meeting of the ladies' section was held with the club president Jack Warburton in the chair. In the absence of the club captain, the vice captain George Crozier was also present.
Before the meeting a cheque for £1,500 was presented to Sue Boreham, representing the Cancer Breast Care Fund, which the outgoing lady captain, Mrs Margaret Scales had nominated as her charity for the year.
Mrs Scales reported on a happy and successful year of golf at Rushmere in this their 75th year of existence and in welcoming her successor, Mrs June Kenworthy, hoped that 2002/3 would also be a good year for Rushmere Ladies.
The following officers were elected: Vice Captain, Mrs Alyson Smith; Hon Secretary, Mrs Jennifer Frost; Competition Secretary, Mrs Margaret Page; Treasurer, Mrs Jill Garrard and Handicap Secretary; Mrs Margaret Castle; Committee, Mrs Jane Howard, Mrs Adrienne Langston, Mrs Janette Mills, Mrs Carol Perks, Mrs Joan Potter.
The President presented the following trophies: Barratt Bowl, Mrs Patricia Shimmen; Bennion Trophy, Miss Sarah Owen; Betty Hicks Bowl, Mrs Yvonne Fenn; Bunty Bowl, Mrs Eszter Bloomfield; Centenary Salver, Mrs Alyson Smith; Championship Scratch Shield, Mrs Valerie Mallett; Cousins Salver, Mrs Margaret Gray; Ganzoni Bowl, Mrs Margaret Page; Gladys Brooke Trophy, Mrs Ann Booth; Handicap Shield, Mrs Irma Suttle; Jan Read Trophy, Mrs Carol Lock; Janet Pipe Cup, Mrs Margaret Scales; Jewhurst Salver, Mrs Zoe Abbitt; Jubilee Salver, Mrs Pauline Liffen; Mary Nurse Cup, Mrs Sarah Owen; Millennium Trophy, Mrs Constance Downs; Sybil Voules Trophy, Mrs Maureen Farmer; Wood Bowls, Mrs Maureen Farmer, Mrs Marlis Duffell; Wootton Salver, Mrs Alison Hemmings; Wright Trophy, Mrs Patricia Shimmen; Aldous Club Handicap, Mrs Yvonne Fenn; Dorothy Putting Cup, Mrs Mary Field; Mary Nurse Salver, Mrs Marjorie Simmonds; Pamela Cup, Mrs Margaret Scales; Shep Putting Salver, Mrs Betty Gage; Whitfield Cup, Mrs Patricia Shimmen; Sunday Strollers Trophy, Mrs Jane Howard.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 8 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
The annual general meeting was followed by the captain's drive-in and a nine-hole greensome match, captain v past captain.