Leiston cap super season
JEWSON SOCCER: Leiston 3 Histon Reserves 2. Leiston capped a fine debut in the Jewson League with a thrilling 3-2 victory over Histon Reserves to win the First Division knock-out trophy on Monday.
Jewson First Division knock-out trophy
Leiston 3 Histon Reserves 2
LEISTON capped a fine debut in the Jewson League with a thrilling 3-2 victory over Histon Reserves to win the First Division knock-out trophy yesterday.
The north Suffolk side took the lead in the fourth minute when Taylor's cross was headed on by Carl Chenery and Jennings pounced to head past Huyler.
You may also want to watch:
Histon conjured up an equaliser in the 15th minute when a cross found its way to the unmarked Audley who comfortably beat Norris.
The game then swung Leiston's way with six minutes remaining. Carl Chenery was fouled by Potter on the edge of the box and Newson, who had only been on the field for five minutes, fired in a blistering free-kick that found the net via Huyler's left post.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
Three minutes later Fryer set up Day whose first-time cross was cleverly headed past Huyler by Judd Chenery for his 28th goal of the season.
Murray netted an 89th-minute free-kick following a foul, but Leiston held out in the six minutes of added time to collect the trophy.