Magilton's first game ends in defeat
Ipswich Town 1 Crystal Palace 2JIM Magilton's managerial reign at Ipswich got off to a losing start against one of the promotion favourites. Nicky Forster out the Blues ahead on the half-hour with a superbly taken goal after he got the better of Palace centre-half Mark Hudson.
Ipswich Town 1 Crystal Palace 2
JIM Magilton's managerial reign at Ipswich got off to a losing start against one of the promotion favourites.
Nicky Forster out the Blues ahead on the half-hour with a superbly taken goal after he got the better of Palace centre-half Mark Hudson.
But two goals in as many minutes put Palace ahead with Jobi McAnuff equalising 13 minutes after the break when he pounced on a loose ball.
Town went behind on the hour when Mark Hudson headed down a free kick and although Richard Naylor tried to clear off the line, the ball was bundled in with James Scowcroft claiming the goal against his old club.
The club's new president Sir Bobby Robson, was presented to the fans before the game started but was taken ill ten minutes after kick off and taken to hospital by paramedics as a precaution.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 7 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 8 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 9 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard