Men bounce back to save point
HOCKEY: Ipswich produced some of their best hockey of the season in this Division Two clash between old foes – but only came away with a point having recovered from being two goals down.
Peterborough Town 2 Ipswich 2
IPSWICH produced some of their best hockey of the season in this Division Two clash between old foes – but only came away with a point having recovered from being two goals down.
Peterborough moved the ball around well to start with and had the better of possession, but it was the visitors who created more of a threat with their counter attacks and the home defence were given an uncomfortable time.
The home side opened the scoring against the run of play when Gary Hales got his stick to a free hit and his deflection cannoned off Stuart Hendy into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich pressed hard for a reply and the game was virtually a one-team affair, but for all their possession, Ipswich were unable to score.
They paid the price after
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
50 minutes when Daniels found himself without a marker after a
20-yard pass and his reverse stick shot, which should have been cleared by Paul Calver, spun over the line.
Three minutes later Ipswich hit back when Oliver Didham finished from a short corner and from that moment on the home side hardly escaped from their half.
Ipswich continued to press and eight minutes from time, Didham struck again to gain his side a