Mervyn King, Peter Wright and Kevin Painter preparing for PDC World Championship draw
- Credit: LAWRENCE LUSTIG
Ipswich’s Mervyn King has been seeded 10th for the forthcoming William Hill World Darts Championship, while last year’s runner-up, Mendham-based Peter Wright is ranked fifth, ahead of today’s televised draw.
The £1.25 million tournament will feature 72 players competing for the Sid Waddell Trophy from December 18 until January 4 at London’s Alexandra Palace.
The top 32 players from the main PDC Order of Merit qualify by right for the tournament, alongside a series of qualifiers from the PDC ProTour Order of Merit - based on the year-long series of non-televised events - and International Qualifiers.
Reigning champion Michael van Gerwen is the number one seed as he defends his title at Alexandra Palace, with 16-time World champion Phil Taylor seeded second and two-time winner Adrian Lewis the number three seed.
Elsewhere, Billericay-born Ipswich Town fan Kevin Painter is seeded 20th
You may also want to watch:
The draw for the William Hill World Darts Championship will be made at 12.30pm (GMT) today, live on Sky Sports News HQ.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again