Mowbray unlikely to be at the helm
ALTHOUGH Tony Mowbray has been confirmed as the new manager of West Brom, the former Ipswich player won't be at the helm for tomorrow's match against his old club.
ALTHOUGH Tony Mowbray is poised to be announced as the new manager of West Brom, the former Ipswich player is unlikely to be at the helm for tomorrow's match against his old club.
Albion have agreed a compensation deal with Mowbray's current employers Hibernian, leaving the path clear for the ex-Ipswich captain and coach to return south.
Caretaker manager Nigel Pearson will remain in charge for tomorrow's match at Portman Road.
Albion will be without suspended central defender Paul McShane, signed from Manchester United and dismissed in the first half of the 4-2 home win over Leeds.
They are undefeated in three games under Pearson, who was a leading candidate to replace Joe Royle at Portman Road and whose future is now in doubt after Mowbray's arrival at The Hawthorns.
While the incentive for Ipswich is to capture all three points and leapfrog Albion into a top six slot, victory for the visitors could take them second in the table depending on results elsewhere.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 9 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 10 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
Ipswich: Price, Wilnis, De Vos, Bruce, Naylor, Harding, Walton, Legwinski, Noble, Currie, Richards, Lee, Macken, Sito, Clarke, Bowditch, Miller, Brittain, Peters, Barron and Supple.
West Brom: Zuberbuhler, Albrechtsen, Perry, Davies, Robinson, Gera, Carter, Koumas, Watson, Greening, Hartson, Phillips, Nicholson, Chaplow, Kamara, Wallwork, Quashie, Watson, Hodgkiss and Hoult.
Referee: Andy Bloomer (Kettering).