Napier speaks out on IPL speculation
ESSEX all-rounder Graham Napier has reacted to reports linking him with the Indian Premier League.Speaking on his own website the 28-year-old confirmed he has been in negotiations with a franchise, but a deal is some way off.
ESSEX all-rounder Graham Napier has reacted to reports linking him with the Indian Premier League.
Speaking on his own website the 28-year-old confirmed he has been in negotiations with a franchise, but a deal is some way off.
Napier said: “Having had a little taste of the way India is promoting Twenty20 cricket [at the Twenty20 Champions League Awards this week] it is clear there is potential for a great opportunity to be provided to myself and other players to show our skills off on a grand stage.
“Essex has, and always will be, my first side but this is a chance that has arisen and will offer me a great opportunity to further my career. I'm still contracted to Essex and look forward to helping the club win more silverware next year.”
Napier was speaking from Dehli, where he picked up the award for best batting strike-rate at the Twenty20 Champions League Awards on Thursday. The Colchester-born cricketer's 326 runs for the Essex Eagles in this year's Twenty20 Cup were scored at a strike-rate of 195.2 runs per 100 balls - helped in part by his assault on the Sussex Sharks bowling that saw him amass 152 not out off 58 balls in one innings at The Ford County Ground in June.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store