Naylor receives two-match ban
RICHARD Naylor will be missing when Ipswich Town visit Crystal Palace tomorrow in a Championship fixture at Selhurst Park.The 29-year-old central defender will be starting a two-match ban after being sent off for a professional foul at Preston on Tuesday.
By Elvin King
RICHARD Naylor will be missing when Ipswich Town visit Crystal Palace tomorrow in a Championship fixture at Selhurst Park.
The 29-year-old central defender will be starting a two-match ban after being sent off for a professional foul at Preston on Tuesday.
The Blues appealed to the Football Association after seeing a video of Naylor's clash with Brett Ormerod, but this was dismissed yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“I would have been astounded if we had won,” said Town manager Joe Royle, who heavily criticised the referee. “But this does not alter my opinion that the referee made a wrong decision.”
Tomorrow may mark the final game in an Ipswich shirt for Jim Magilton, who has been approached by League Two Oxford United about becoming player-coach.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
Town manager Joe Royle has said he will not stand in Magilton's way but would be equally happy if the Irishman stayed at Portman Road until his contract runs out in the summer.
Magilton said: “Nothing has been agreed or even discussed in any great detail. I have not made my mind up about anything and even if something were to happen, nothing will before our game at Crystal Palace.”
n Ipswich Town are giving a trial to
23-year-old Belgian defender Fabrice Lokembo-Lokaso. He has played in Belgium and Israel and is a free agent.