Naylor receives two-match ban
RICHARD Naylor will be missing when Ipswich Town visit Crystal Palace tomorrow in a Championship fixture at Selhurst Park.The 29-year-old central defender will be starting a two-match ban after being sent off for a professional foul at Preston on Tuesday.
By Elvin King
RICHARD Naylor will be missing when Ipswich Town visit Crystal Palace tomorrow in a Championship fixture at Selhurst Park.
The 29-year-old central defender will be starting a two-match ban after being sent off for a professional foul at Preston on Tuesday.
The Blues appealed to the Football Association after seeing a video of Naylor's clash with Brett Ormerod, but this was dismissed yesterday.
“I would have been astounded if we had won,” said Town manager Joe Royle, who heavily criticised the referee. “But this does not alter my opinion that the referee made a wrong decision.”
Tomorrow may mark the final game in an Ipswich shirt for Jim Magilton, who has been approached by League Two Oxford United about becoming player-coach.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
Town manager Joe Royle has said he will not stand in Magilton's way but would be equally happy if the Irishman stayed at Portman Road until his contract runs out in the summer.
Magilton said: “Nothing has been agreed or even discussed in any great detail. I have not made my mind up about anything and even if something were to happen, nothing will before our game at Crystal Palace.”
n Ipswich Town are giving a trial to
23-year-old Belgian defender Fabrice Lokembo-Lokaso. He has played in Belgium and Israel and is a free agent.