Needham's ground to stage music events
SOCCER: Needham Market's Bloomfields ground might not have the same appeal as Wembley Stadium – but it is also in the business of staging pop concerts.
By Elvin King
NEEDHAM Market's Bloomfields ground might not have the same appeal as Wembley Stadium – but it is also in the business of staging pop concerts.
It might not attract groups with the appeal of Queen, Genesis and Oasis but Bloomfields is set to figure annually in the local pop scene.
General manager Graham Emmerson said that this summer's event proved a big success with over 500 people attending and a good deal of money raised for charity.
Bloomfields will not take over from the now derelict Wembley, but it should still prove a big draw each summer for music fans.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
Emmerson, a former manager of Needham and Whitton United, is involved in the football side of things again helping manager Colin Macrow run the club's Jewson League First Division side.