Netballers finish worthy winners
IPSWICH travelled to Harlow for the return fixture against Tegate. The home match was a very tight game with Ipswich winning 52-50, and sitting only one place behind us in third position in the league, we knew it would be tough.
IPSWICH travelled to Harlow for the return fixture against Tegate.
The home match was a very tight game with Ipswich winning 52-50, and sitting only one place behind us in third position in the league, we knew it would be tough.
The first quarter was evenly matched with each team settling quickly, but Ipswich took the upper hand finishing the quarter with a two goal advantage 11 - 13.
Tegate made changes for the second quarter, bringing on a new GK. The Ipswich attack took a while to adjust, but maintained their two-goal-lead at half-time with the score at 19-21.
You may also want to watch:
More changes were made by the home team with the introduction of their young England GS.
The Ipswich defence of Blake, Martindill and Ewers worked tirelessly to keep pressure on their attack, forcing errors and gaining some excellent interceptions.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
The attack kept working the ball round with some excellent shots from Wicks under pressure from the Tegate defence.
The third quarter ended with only one goal separating the teams at 33-32.
Ipswich dug deep in the final quarter with some great interceptions in the centre court by Gray and Fison, resulting in turnovers for the Ipswich team.
The Tegate supporters got behind their team, but Ipswich did not let this affect their concentration and came away worthy winners with a final score of 45-40.
Ipswich Ladies' next match is the top of the table clash with Thoroughbreds on Sunday March 4 at Maidenhall Sports Centre 12.30pm start.
Any supporters would be greatly welcomed.