Nicholls sets return date
SCOTT Nicholls has set his sights on a speedway return. The Ipswich Evening Star Witches rider, who will be 26 on Sunday, plans to return to the saddle in next Thursday's home match against Eastbourne at Foxhall Stadium.
By Elvin King
SCOTT Nicholls has set his sights on a speedway return.
The Ipswich Evening Star Witches rider, who will be 26 on Sunday, plans to return to the saddle in next Thursday's home match against Eastbourne at Foxhall Stadium.
Yesterday he ruled any chance of riding in the Czech Republic Grand Prix in Prague this Saturday, with a medial ligament problem in his left knee still causing him concern.
Nicholls, who had a blister removed from the skin graft behind his knee on Monday, does not want to do any further damage.
"I don't want to go forward one step and then back five," he said. "Hopefully I will be fit enough to ride next Thursday."
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 5 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 6 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
The graft is healing well and Nicholls says that he might resort to a similar knee brace to the one Chris Louis uses.
With this being his testimonial year and with lucrative backing from Ham Racing group, it is a frustrating time for Nicholls, who will be hoping to make up for lost time in the final seven GPs starting in Poland on May 29.
The Fiat Vans British GP follows in Cardiff a fortnight later. Ipswich, who will still have Hans Andersen and Jesper B Jensen riding in Prague on Saturday, ride at Eastbourne on Monday with a quick-fire Sky Bet Elite League return with the Eagles three days later