Sensational return to the track for former Ipswich Witch - at 60!
- Credit: Contributed
Former Ipswich Witch, Nigel Flatman made a sensational return to the speedway track Down Under, this weekend. And with great success.
Flatman, who is now 60, took part in a meeting at Pinjar Park, Western Australia and rolled back the years with 11 points from his four rides in the qualifying heats.
In a thrilling final, Bryan Miller came from the back to win with Nigel second.
Flatman, known as the 'Felixstowe Flyer', was a popular racer at Foxhall, first racing for Ipswich in 1977. He had a long spell with the club through 1981-85.
He was part of the Witches double-winning side of 1984.
He also rode for a period with Peterborough Panthers, among other clubs.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 4 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 5 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 7 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 8 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road