No Luck for Preston against Town
PRESTON are looking to solve a defensive crisis ahead of Saturday's showdown with play-off rivals Ipswich at Deepdale.Manager Billy Davies' problems are piling up ahead of the game, with centre-back Chris Lucketti joining the list of certain non-starters.
By Mel Henderson
PRESTON are looking to solve a defensive crisis ahead of Saturday's showdown with play-off rivals Ipswich at Deepdale.
Manager Billy Davies' problems are piling up ahead of the game, with centre-back Chris Lucketti joining the list of certain non-starters.
Davies may even bring in a loan reinforcement ahead of the game against Town after four defenders called off through either injury or suspension.
You may also want to watch:
The trio of Youl Mawene, Matthew Hill and Callum Davidson will all be absent as they serve one-match bans for picking up five yellow cards.
Davies admitted: “There is a void throughout the team. We are looking at the loan market to see if we can get someone in.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
“But we may just have to do what we can do with the personnel we have available.”
Town will be without suspended loan star Ricardo Fuller against one of his former clubs, but are hopeful that Alan Lee will return up front after missing three games with a hamstring injury.
Lee trained today and if he suffered no reaction will travel to Preston with a decision being made Saturday morning.
Jimmy Juan also trained today and has a better chance of making a start at Deepdale than Fabian Wilnis, who had treatment today following his knee injury and is a bigger doubt.
Ipswich currently trail sixth-placed Preston by five points and the Lilywhites also have two games in hand, as well as a much better goal difference.