Norwich players already back training
WHILE Ipswich Town's players return for pre-season tomorrow, their Norfolk rivals have already been back to the training ground.Norwich manager Peter Grant called his entire squad in for fitness tests halfway through their summer break.
WHILE Ipswich Town's players return for pre-season tomorrow, their Norfolk rivals have already been back to the training ground.
Norwich manager Peter Grant called his entire squad in for fitness tests halfway through their summer break.
City players are currently working on a 10-page fitness programme organised by sports scientist Dave Carolan, with Canary players reporting in for midsummer checks.
“We have taken the decision to bring players to check how they are progressing off-season,” said Grant.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim is to be one step ahead when they come back next month for pre-season training. In the past we have tended to do this on a bespoke basis for certain players. But this time we're doing everybody, so everybody's treated the same.”
Blues players will be training three days a week for the next three weeks, before stepping up their work rate. They have a week off from July 8.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 8 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer