Over 50s draw in cricket week
CRICKET: BOTH Hargreaves Two Counties Over-50 sides recorded draws against Maldon seniors during the Essex club's cricket week.
BOTH Hargreaves Two Counties Over-50 sides recorded draws against Maldon seniors during the Essex club's cricket week.
One game was played at Draper's Farm for the John Ellis memorial trophy – which, following the result will be shared between the two sides – and the other was at the Promenade.
There were centuries on both grounds. John Stuck hit an unbeaten 151 at Draper's and Maldon's Simon Rudd hitting 127 at the Promenade.
Only a last-wicket partnership of 48 between Colin Philpott and John Hill saved Maldon seniors from defeat at Draper's as the home side hung on for a draw.
You may also want to watch:
Hargreaves Two Counties Over-50s 265 for 4 (Stuck 151 n.o., Penny 55). Maldon Seniors 184 for 9 (C Elliott 46, Philpott 25 n.o., Stonehouse 4 for 34, Dale 3 for 31). Match drawn.
Maldon Seniors 247 for 7 (Rudd 127, Dave Richardson 38 n.o., Turley 3 for 53, Mitchell 2 for 29). Hargreaves Two Counties Over-50s 187 for 8 (Quennell 49, Claireaux 39, Cummins 4 for 47, Brooks 2 for 48). Match drawn.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial