Paul in Hurry to ride for the Witches
SPEEDWAY: Ipswich Witches completed another piece of the jigsaw for their 2003 speedway side by agreeing a deal with Paul Hurry.The 27-year-old is an Oxford asset who won the Sky Sports Elite League championship last season riding for Wolverhampton.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Witches completed another piece of the jigsaw for their 2003 speedway side by agreeing a deal with Paul Hurry.
The 27-year-old is an Oxford asset who won the Sky Sports Elite League championship last season riding for Wolverhampton.
He is expected to feature in both the Witches Elite League and British League Cup sides and could be the third heat leader in the Elite League side with Scott Nicholls and Jarek Hampel.
Hurry began his career as a schoolboy grass-track rider with Mark Loram, and former Ipswich co-promoter Dave Pavitt invited him to be mascot at Hackney in 1987.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
He ended last season with an average just under seven points, and with Ipswich going for a strong bottom end in 2003 he fits in well.
Last season Hurry finished runner-up in the 16-Lap Classic at Foxhall after finishing first in the marathon race.
Full story in tonight's Evening Star….