Plucky Hull hit Town where it hurts
Ipswich 1 Hull 1IPSWICH Town have now gone four games without a win after plucky Hull City hit back to draw this Coca-Cola Championship game at Portman Road today.
By Elvin King
Ipswich 1 Hull 1
IPSWICH Town have now gone four games without a win after plucky Hull City hit back to draw this Coca-Cola Championship game at Portman Road today.
The home side had enough chances to have won convincingly, but the visitors fought hard and grabbed their chance when defender Leon Cort headed home in after 56 minutes.
Darren Currie was the pick of the Ipswich players, and it was his 23rd minute free-kick that somehow found a way between friend and foe alike to put the Blues into the lead.
The clocks go forward tonight and Ipswich leap on to the same number of points as Norwich, but they will be disappointed not have gone above the Canaries.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
Substitute Dean McDonald struck a post and Boaz Myhill, who had a good game, saved well from Alan Lee in stoppage time.
Owen Garvan impressed along with Fabian Wilnis but Town missed having a front-running partner for a Lee.