Pole Suchecki will be a mystery man
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches new signing Zbigniew Suchecki arrives at Foxhall Stadium a bit of a mystery man.Only the staunchest of Witches supporters will have heard of the 22-year-old Pole, nicknamed Zibi, whose signature completed the Ipswich 2007 team.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches new signing Zbigniew Suchecki arrives at Foxhall Stadium a bit of a mystery man.
Only the staunchest of Witches supporters will have heard of the 22-year-old Pole, nicknamed Zibi, whose signature completed the Ipswich 2007 team.
But Suchecki today confirmed that he wants to quickly become a firm favourite at Foxhall.
“Last year was a breakthrough one for me,” said the rider, who played a leading part in Zielona Gora's promotion to the top-flight in Poland and averaged above eight riding for Lejonen in the Swedish Second Division.
“And now I have the confidence to go forward. It is a big move to ride in England and it is the right time in my career to do so.
- 1 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 5 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 6 Six police cars at scene of bungalow fire
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
“I have no fears about the travelling involved in riding in the Elite League and am hoping to make an impact from the start.”
And talking through interpreter Tom Jablonski, Suchecki gave notice of how he wants to entertain.
He said: “I have a reputation for being explosive from the gate, and this is something I want to bring to Ipswich.”
Suchecki will arrive in England in time for the Witches press day on March 13, and he has been recently been on a training camp with Zielona Gora where he spent time chopping wood to strengthen his arm muscles.
Suchecki comes to Ipswich with a glowing report from Poland international and former Poole rider Greg Walasek, who rides in the same Zielona Gora side.
“He has every chance of making a big name for himself in England,” said Walasek.