Promotion dream still alive for Leiston
Jewson LeagueHadleigh 1 Leiston 2A spectacular goal in the second half by Ivan Fryer decided a splendid Jewson League contest at the Millfield.
Hadleigh 1 Leiston 2
A spectacular goal in the second half by Ivan Fryer decided a splendid Jewson League contest at the Millfield. This hard fought win keeps Leiston promotion hopes alive.
Leiston were gifted the opening goal after 17 minutes when Hadleigh's defence got into an awful muddle following a back pass which went wrong and Justyn Chenery walked the ball into the net.
You may also want to watch:
But Hadleigh fought back strongly in the second half and deservedly drew level in the 57th minute when Bradford centred from the right wing and Kevin Godbold headed a fine goal.
The vital winner came ten minutes later when Fryer collected the ball 20 yards out and his shot was drilled perfectly into the top corner of the net giving Hadleigh Lee Godbold no chance.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions