Quotes: Colchester Utd v Walsall
AIDY Boothroyud admits he had a bit of a domestic row with his players at half-time today.The U's were fortunate to be level with Walsall at the break following a lack-lustre first half display, but they dominated after the break to seal an ultimately deserved 2-1 victory.
AIDY Boothroyud admits he had a bit of a domestic row with his players at half-time today.
The U's were fortunate to be level with Walsall at the break following a lack-lustre first half display, but they dominated after the break to seal an ultimately deserved 2-1 victory.
"I had a few things to say at half-time," admitted Boothroyd, who sent his side out very early for the second half.
"It's like when you have an argument with your wife, you tend to come out and put a brave face on after you've had a row."
Kevin Lisbie had put the U's in front after 26 minutes when deflecting in Clive Platt's volley, but the confident Saddlers hit back immediately through Darren Byfield before controlling the rest of the first half.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 10 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
The U's were well on top after their half-time rollicking though and sealed the win courtesy of Lisbie's 61st minute penalty.
"I thought we were lack-lustre and Walsall were better than us first half," said Boothroyd.
"But in the second half I thought there was only one side that would win it.
"I can pick holes in the performance, but we are not going to play well in every minute of every game.
"Thankfully we came through it."