Ransomes pushed closer to relegation
SIL SOCCER: Ransomes 0 Ipswich Athletic 3. Ransomes struggles to avoid the relegation trap door was dealt another blow by an Athletic side in full flow. Defensively Ransomes were often overrun for long periods with their attacks lacking the ability to stretch the opposition in any thing more than an isolated raid.
Ransomes 0 Ipswich Athletic 3
RANSOMES struggles to avoid the relegation trap door was dealt another blow by an Athletic side in full flow.
Defensively Ransomes were often overrun for long periods with their attacks lacking the ability to stretch the opposition in any thing more than an isolated raid.
Athletic's first major attack led to the opening goal; Ettie dispatched his shot with the efficiency missing from his opponents, thumping the ball through a ruck of players following a corner. Ettie then wasted two openings before Calver's; Beckham style; free kick caught out keeper Coleman at the near post on 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
With no further scoring in the half the result was settled midway through the second period. Karatzis having just smashed a shot against the post would not give up a loose ball in the Ransomes' penalty area, Ettie profited by finding the perfect shot which found the corner of the net.
In the dying minutes Christian Appleford a recent signing by Ransomes blew the two best chances for Ransomes to score.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high