Real job for Sir Bobby?
SIR Bobby Robson is Real Madrid's number one choice to become their new boss, it was claimed today.According to a national newspaper report, the Spanish giants have identified the ex-Ipswich and England chief as the best man for the job.
By Mel Henderson
SIR Bobby Robson is Real Madrid's number one choice to become their new boss, it was claimed today.
According to a national newspaper report, the Spanish giants have identified the ex-Ipswich and England chief as the best man for the job.
Sir Bobby, 71 and sacked by Newcastle after just four Premiership games this season, is keen to take up another challenge.
You may also want to watch:
And if he receives the call from Real Madrid he is unlikely to turn them down - despite being a former manager of their arch-rivals Barcelona.
Real were plunged into crisis at the weekend when head coach Jose Antonio Camacho sensationally quit.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
His assistant, Mariano Garcia Remon, is now in charge but club president Florentino Perez is anxious to secure an experienced boss.
It is being suggested that Sir Bobby's availability makes him the ideal choice to take charge for the remainder of this season.
But Real have received more than 20 applications from big-name candidates around Europe and will be spoilt for choice.