Real job for Sir Bobby?
SIR Bobby Robson is Real Madrid's number one choice to become their new boss, it was claimed today.According to a national newspaper report, the Spanish giants have identified the ex-Ipswich and England chief as the best man for the job.
By Mel Henderson
SIR Bobby Robson is Real Madrid's number one choice to become their new boss, it was claimed today.
According to a national newspaper report, the Spanish giants have identified the ex-Ipswich and England chief as the best man for the job.
Sir Bobby, 71 and sacked by Newcastle after just four Premiership games this season, is keen to take up another challenge.
And if he receives the call from Real Madrid he is unlikely to turn them down - despite being a former manager of their arch-rivals Barcelona.
Real were plunged into crisis at the weekend when head coach Jose Antonio Camacho sensationally quit.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 3 Investigations ongoing into 'inter-gang disputes' in town
- 4 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
- 7 Convicted murderer released on temporary license arrested in Ipswich
- 8 Meeting to discuss traffic calming measures after community concerns
- 9 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 10 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
His assistant, Mariano Garcia Remon, is now in charge but club president Florentino Perez is anxious to secure an experienced boss.
It is being suggested that Sir Bobby's availability makes him the ideal choice to take charge for the remainder of this season.
But Real have received more than 20 applications from big-name candidates around Europe and will be spoilt for choice.