Records tumble in Stowmarket pool
SWIMMING: Records have been sensationally smashed by Stowmarket swimmers in the second part of their annual club championships.Back in the pool for the next stage of their four-part internal competition, all members put in impressive performances, and most were responsible for claiming a new personal or club record.
By Debbie Watson
RECORDS have been sensationally smashed by Stowmarket swimmers in the second part of their annual club championships.
Back in the pool for the next stage of their four-part internal competition, all members put in impressive performances, and most were responsible for claiming a new personal or club record.
Session two took place on Saturday and continued the assault on the club records that had started in October with the Club Sprints.
In total a massive tally of 29 further Stowmarket records were sent tumbling.
A particularly good swim by 18-year-old Jenna North in the 100m butterfly broke one of the club's oldest records set by Kerry O'Connor in 1996 in a time of 1:15:17.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 2 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 3 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 4 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 5 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 7 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 8 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 9 A14 slip road closed near Ipswich after BMW catches fire
- 10 Memorial match for colleague killed outside takeaway
While no swimmer repeated the feat of smashing all five records achieved by Nicola Prowse in the October Sprints, several swimmers came close with Jessica Beatty, Nicola Prowse, and Adam Batchelor each breaking four, and Nicola Morgan claiming three.
Other swimmers setting new club records were Louise Christopher, Georgina Shelley, Laura Bumstead, Emma Carter, Jenna North, Hannah Stockley, Stuart Lambert, Adam Duszynski, Jo Freezer, Aaron Lynch, Marc Offord and Adrian Bird.
Nick Minns, Stowmarket Swimming Coach said, "An evening of tough swimming produced a pleasing set of results.
"Certainly we are seeing that swimmers who are putting the most effort into their training are now being rewarded with continuously improving times and performances. Well done to all Stowmarket swimmers."
Stowmarket will be back to compete against each other on both Friday and Saturday night.