Records tumble in Stowmarket pool
SWIMMING: Records have been sensationally smashed by Stowmarket swimmers in the second part of their annual club championships.Back in the pool for the next stage of their four-part internal competition, all members put in impressive performances, and most were responsible for claiming a new personal or club record.
By Debbie Watson
RECORDS have been sensationally smashed by Stowmarket swimmers in the second part of their annual club championships.
Back in the pool for the next stage of their four-part internal competition, all members put in impressive performances, and most were responsible for claiming a new personal or club record.
Session two took place on Saturday and continued the assault on the club records that had started in October with the Club Sprints.
You may also want to watch:
In total a massive tally of 29 further Stowmarket records were sent tumbling.
A particularly good swim by 18-year-old Jenna North in the 100m butterfly broke one of the club's oldest records set by Kerry O'Connor in 1996 in a time of 1:15:17.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
While no swimmer repeated the feat of smashing all five records achieved by Nicola Prowse in the October Sprints, several swimmers came close with Jessica Beatty, Nicola Prowse, and Adam Batchelor each breaking four, and Nicola Morgan claiming three.
Other swimmers setting new club records were Louise Christopher, Georgina Shelley, Laura Bumstead, Emma Carter, Jenna North, Hannah Stockley, Stuart Lambert, Adam Duszynski, Jo Freezer, Aaron Lynch, Marc Offord and Adrian Bird.
Nick Minns, Stowmarket Swimming Coach said, "An evening of tough swimming produced a pleasing set of results.
"Certainly we are seeing that swimmers who are putting the most effort into their training are now being rewarded with continuously improving times and performances. Well done to all Stowmarket swimmers."
Stowmarket will be back to compete against each other on both Friday and Saturday night.