Reuser secures future with Ipswich
MARTIJN Reuser, Ipswich Town's Dutch international midfielder, has signed a new two-year extension to his contract at Portman Road. The new deal takes him up to the 2004-2005 season.
MARTIJN Reuser, Ipswich Town's Dutch international midfielder, has signed a new two-year extension to his contract at Portman Road.
The new deal takes him up to the 2004-2005 season.
He said: "This is a very positive step for me and the club have shown me a lot of respect. I'm very happy at Ipswich, especially after things went so well for me at the end of last season.
"This is a great club, the people have got behind them and myself. I get on well with the other players and we have a very good team.
"There are exciting times ahead. We showed against Derby County what we are capable of and there were a lot of good things at times against Sunderland and Charlton.
"We have new players who have a lot of quality. This is a very good time to be here."
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 3 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 7 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 8 Ban on BBQs at Suffolk beauty spot due to extreme heat
- 9 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 10 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
Manager George Burley said: "We're very pleased that Martijn has committed himself to the club until 2005. Martijn had an excellent season last year.
"He has worked very hard since joining the club to make himself a regular in the first team."