Review: Ned Boulting’s Bikeology at Ipswich Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Bikeology is not for everyone - but it’s a don’t miss for cyclists.
A blend of humour, group therapy over cycling’s quirks, and some great anecdotes from Ned Boulting, all in all it is a well-rounded exploration of the sport.
Boulting’s warm persona is immediately engaging, and he adeptly switches from wit to a moment of serious - with passion for cycling running throughout the evening. If he did not have that then the show would risk getting lost on the way - so don’t let a Colin take the night!
My favourite part was the second half with some fantastic anecdotes and insight into the Tour de France.
My only criticism, if I had to make one, would be that the venue was too big. To my mind this show would be much better suited to a small intimate audience and not the vastness of the Ipswich Corn Exchange.
If you don’t like cycling don’t bother with this show. But if you do, then book your tickets!
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant