Richard makes short work of caddie role
GOLF: YOU may recall the story of 16-year-old Richard Davies who caddied for former European Tour player Paul Curry in the Open Championship at Royal Lytham.
YOU may recall the story of 16-year-old Richard Davies who caddied for former European Tour player Paul Curry in the Open Championship at Royal Lytham.
Richard, who weighs less than eight stone, carried Paul's heavy Ping Tour bag all four days of The Open which amounted to two-thirds of his body weight.
While Richard's caddie duties are likely to be put on hold as Paul has returned to Florida to continue playing on the Buy.Com Tour and also try to get his US Tour card, the youngster continues to make strides as a player.
At his home club of Rossendale in Lancashire, Richard shot a two over par gross 73 in the club's July medal and as a result has had his handicap cut from eight to seven.
You may also want to watch:
To add to that, Richard and his father Robert, who plays off five, won the Rossendale 36-hole Foursomes Championship.
A bubbly character and certainly not lacking confidence, we will probably hear more of young Richard in the future.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15