Rome-bound Spartacus awaits title shot
BOXING: Bramford professional boxer Spartacus has been nominated for a crack at a Southern Area title.Light heavyweight Spartacus, real name Steve Smith, said: "I've been nominated by the British Boxing Board of Control and am now waiting to hear who I will face.
By Dave Allard
BRAMFORD professional boxer Spartacus has been nominated for a crack at a Southern Area title.
Light heavyweight Spartacus, real name Steve Smith, said: "I've been nominated by the British Boxing Board of Control and am now waiting to hear who I will face."
You may also want to watch:
Smith made it ten wins out of ten as a professional by knocking out Adrian Stonestreet at the York Hall in Bethnal Green earlier this month.
He said: "A Southern Area fight could be in November. Hopefully I can get in a warm-up fight before then."
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
Today Spartacus was off to an appropriate place for his ring name, Rome.
He has been booked as the sparring partner over the next ten days for Vincenzo Cantoore, the Italian cruiserweight champion who next week challenges Wayne Braithwaite of Ghana for the WBC world cruiserweight crown.