Royle could loan again
IPSWICH boss Joe Royle is ready to move into the transfer market if Alan Mahon's injury proves to be long term.The on-loan Blackburn midfielder was forced off in the 12th minute of Town's 1-0 home win over Stoke on Saturday.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH boss Joe Royle is ready to move into the transfer market if Alan Mahon's injury proves to be long term.
The on-loan Blackburn midfielder was forced off in the 12th minute of Town's 1-0 home win over Stoke on Saturday.
He will undergo a scan today to determine the full extent of the problem, with the club fearing a hamstring tear that could sideline him for up to six weeks.
Royle said: "If that's the case, there is room within the budget to bring in another loan player and that's something I would consider.
"We need to first of all assess the situation, but while a new face is unlikely before tomorrow's visit to Crystal Palace it's a possibility before the weekend."
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 3 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 4 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 5 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 10 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
Ipswich have won seven of their last eight league games and Royle added: "We are in a rich vein of form and we want to keep the momentum going.
"But the fact that I might look to bring in a player on loan does not mean a lack of faith in any of our own players."
Skipper Jim Magilton, who only played the first half against Stoke, remains doubtful with a recurrence of the calf problem that necessitated a fitness test on Saturday.
Full story in tonight's Star