Royle could loan again
IPSWICH boss Joe Royle is ready to move into the transfer market if Alan Mahon's injury proves to be long term.The on-loan Blackburn midfielder was forced off in the 12th minute of Town's 1-0 home win over Stoke on Saturday.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH boss Joe Royle is ready to move into the transfer market if Alan Mahon's injury proves to be long term.
The on-loan Blackburn midfielder was forced off in the 12th minute of Town's 1-0 home win over Stoke on Saturday.
He will undergo a scan today to determine the full extent of the problem, with the club fearing a hamstring tear that could sideline him for up to six weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Royle said: "If that's the case, there is room within the budget to bring in another loan player and that's something I would consider.
"We need to first of all assess the situation, but while a new face is unlikely before tomorrow's visit to Crystal Palace it's a possibility before the weekend."
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Ipswich have won seven of their last eight league games and Royle added: "We are in a rich vein of form and we want to keep the momentum going.
"But the fact that I might look to bring in a player on loan does not mean a lack of faith in any of our own players."
Skipper Jim Magilton, who only played the first half against Stoke, remains doubtful with a recurrence of the calf problem that necessitated a fitness test on Saturday.
Full story in tonight's Star