Royle receives Diallo boost
DRISSA Diallo is on his way back.The central defender, who will be 31 on January 14, has not played in the Ipswich Town first team since he damaged a knee against Wimbledon on September 20.
DRISSA Diallo is on his way back.
The central defender, who will be 31 on January 14, has not played in the Ipswich Town first team since he damaged a knee against Wimbledon on September 20.
He expects to start full-time training next week, and to play in a reserve fixture next Wednesday.
"That is my goal," said Diallo today. "I want to play at least one half of the reserve game on January 7."
You may also want to watch:
And Town manager Joe Royle confirmed what a boost it would be to have the ex-Burnley player back in contention.
"It will give us a massive lift," said Royle, who saw his defence struggle to cope with Crystal Palace in Sunday's 3-1 First Division reverse at Portman Road.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
See tonight's Evening Star for full story