Royle receives Diallo boost
DRISSA Diallo is on his way back.The central defender, who will be 31 on January 14, has not played in the Ipswich Town first team since he damaged a knee against Wimbledon on September 20.
DRISSA Diallo is on his way back.
The central defender, who will be 31 on January 14, has not played in the Ipswich Town first team since he damaged a knee against Wimbledon on September 20.
He expects to start full-time training next week, and to play in a reserve fixture next Wednesday.
"That is my goal," said Diallo today. "I want to play at least one half of the reserve game on January 7."
And Town manager Joe Royle confirmed what a boost it would be to have the ex-Burnley player back in contention.
"It will give us a massive lift," said Royle, who saw his defence struggle to cope with Crystal Palace in Sunday's 3-1 First Division reverse at Portman Road.
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 3 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 4 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 5 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 10 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
See tonight's Evening Star for full story