Royle set to land keeper Davis
IPSWICH Town are expected to announce Wimbledon's Kelvin Davis as their new goalkeeper either later today or tomorrow.The 27-year-old former England Under 21 international is likely to be joining for a modest fee from a First Division crisis-club who are in administration.See tonight's Star for the full story
By Dave Allard
IPSWICH Town are expected to announce Wimbledon's Kelvin Davis as their new goalkeeper either later today or tomorrow.
The 27-year-old former England Under 21 international is likely to be joining for a modest fee from a First Division crisis-club who are in administration.
Paul Gerrard, the Everton keeper who had a month with Town on loan last season, was very much in contention for a permanent move to Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
But the injury to Goodison number one Richard Wright has ruled that out and Town boss Joe Royle has moved for the Bedford -born Davis instead.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'