Royle tips Nash for top
JOE Royle today tipped Gerard Nash for the top as the youngster prepared to put his injury nightmare behind him.Nash, 18, could make a long-awaited return to reserve team action on Wednesday in Ipswich's match at Southampton after playing just 110 minutes of competitive football in 2004.
JOE Royle today tipped Gerard Nash for the top as the youngster prepared to put his injury nightmare behind him.
Nash, 18, could make a long-awaited return to reserve team action on Wednesday in Ipswich's match at Southampton after playing just 110 minutes of competitive football in 2004.
He has already had two career-threatening knee ligament injuries and suffered a further setback last December when he tore his cartilage in a training session.
Royle said: “Gerard is a very good footballer and has every chance of becoming a first team player at this club.
“What he needs now is games as he has lost the rhythm of playing after being out for so long.”
Nash, a central defender from the Republic of Ireland who has made one substitute appearance for the Ipswich first team, said: “It's time for my football to do the talking.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
“It's up to me now and hopefully my knee injuries are finished with.
“Ideally I can have a run of academy and reserves matches and then put myself in the picture for a first team place.”
For full story read tonight's Green 'Un