Rushmere prepare for charity day
GOLF: RUSHMERE Golf Club are to stage a big charity day on Tuesday, September 18 – the Rhythm for Life Appeal on behalf of Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.The object is to raise as much money as possible so that Ipswich can have the same facilities as they have at Papworth for dealing with cardiology problems.
RUSHMERE Golf Club are to stage a big charity day on Tuesday, September 18 – the Rhythm for Life Appeal on behalf of Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.
The object is to raise as much money as possible so that Ipswich can have the same facilities as they have at Papworth for dealing with cardiology problems.
The format will be teams of four (all men, all women or two of each) and it will be an individual Stableford with all four scores being added together at the end.
There will be two categories – Open and over 55 plus a special nine-hole competition for those 65 or older.
The cost is £88 per team of four that includes 18 holes of golf, meal and prize fund and £64 per team for those playing just nine holes. The maximum handicap will be 20 for men and 34 for ladies, and there is no age limit in the Open event.
Cheques should be made payable to Rushmere Golf Club and sent to Brian Perks at 140 Westerfield Road, Ipswich, IP4 3AF.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 7 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 10 Ipswich bus fares to increase after 'significant' drop in usage
l Rushmere Golf Club will be hosting the Junior Open tournament on Friday, July 27. The competition is open to boys and girls under 18 years of age and entries are welcome at the club. Teeing off will start at 9am. on Friday.
l There is another big charity golf day on Friday, September 15 at Waldringfield Golf Club. It is the annual Castons Charity Golf Day that raises funds for the Cancer Campaign in Suffolk and the Barnardos charity for whom Castons' own Adrian Stevens is taking parting in their Trek Kenya at the time of the golf day.
The format is an 18-hole team Stableford in the morning, played off 7/8th handicap, with the best three scores on each hole counting. In the afternoon there will be a nine-hole Texas Scramble. The cost for each team is £160 that includes 27 holes of golf, coffee and bacon butty on arrival, lunch and afternoon tea. There is also the chance to sponsor a hole for £45, while prizes will be gratefully received.
The closing entry is August 3 and cheques should be made payable to Castons Charity Golf. For an entry form contact Maureen Southgate on 01473-257586.