Sailing club launches new website
FELIXSTOWE Ferry Sailing Club (FFSC) have re-launched their website, complete with real-time weather readings, and a webcam.The website has been re-developed to be more user-friendly and accessible for sailors, as well as providing weather information for visitors to the area.
FELIXSTOWE Ferry Sailing Club (FFSC) have re-launched their website, complete with real-time weather readings, and a webcam.
The website has been re-developed to be more user-friendly and accessible for sailors, as well as providing weather information for visitors to the area.
Wind speed measurements, gust strength, barometer readings, and general weather forecasts will be available, and a webcam, which updates every five minutes, will show the weather around the mouth of the River Deben.
Information on the weather over the past 24 hours will also be available. The gallery of photographs has been updated, and a news section added.
The re-launch has come in time for the start of the new sailing season.
FFSC are expecting 2007 to be a successful one, with membership to the club increasing, and sailors coming from all around the UK to hold their championships in the waters at the Ferry. Included in the sailing programme are the Shearwater National Championships, and a 'Fastsail' Regatta.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 4 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 5 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 6 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 7 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 8 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 9 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 10 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
Commodore Robert Wright said: “The weeks leading up to the start of the sailing season are always exciting and busy, and we are always looking for ways to entice more people to take up sailing as a hobby. The new website will allow users to check the weather at the Ferry before they come to sail, and gives those from outside of Suffolk the chance to see the Ferry before they hold their championships here.
“It is important that we keep in touch with technological advances, and make Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club accessible and appealing to as many people as possible. The fact that we have been chosen to hold several top-flight championships is testament to the quality and standards of sailing and facilities here.”
For more information on the club, and to see the new weather facilities in action, visit www.ffsc.co.uk