Scowie: Take it on the chin
FORMER ipswich attacker James Scowcroft had this message for his old club today: "Administration is not as scary as you might think."The former England Under-21 man's current club, Leicester City, are coming out of administration and look set for automatic promotion back to the Premiership.
By Dave Allard
FORMER ipswich attacker James Scowcroft had this message for his old club today: "Administration is not as scary as you might think."
The former England Under-21 man's current club, Leicester City, are coming out of administration and look set for automatic promotion back to the Premiership.
He said: "Sure, it's been a cloud over the club but it's not the huge scary thing that people think. Life goes on and it can get better and better, as has been the case here.
"We as a club, and as individuals, have got stronger and stronger. It's far from an ideal situation, but once the players understood the circumstances and what could happen, then things settled down."
Scowcroft, sold to the Walkers Stadium club in a £3million deal the summer before last, added: "The only thing that we could do and the only thing the Ipswich players can do is to get on with our jobs. That means training and performing to the highest level all the time."
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 5 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next weekend
- 7 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
- 8 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 9 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 10 Laptop, phone and wallet stolen from car in village near Ipswich
"It can be a bit confusing at first, but you accept it and get on with your job just as normal. I'm sure that Ipswich will take it on the chin just as we did and achieve success as a result.
"Whatever the financial situation going on in the background all the players will know that there is a great goal ahead of them – the Premiership.
"There are so many top players and top characters at Portman Road. I was with the club from school and care about it. There can still be so much to look forward to."