IPSWICH defender Sito has a lot on his mind at the moment.For starters, he is bidding to hang on to a first team place at Stoke tonight after he came in from the cold against Swansea on Saturday.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH defender Sito has a lot on his mind at the moment.
For starters, he is bidding to hang on to a first team place at Stoke tonight after he came in from the cold against Swansea on Saturday.
And the father-to-be is also anxiously awaiting news of girlfriend Tania, who was expected to give birth to their first child a week ago.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old Spaniard laughed: “We know it's a girl and we have a name ready for her - Lola - but she is keeping us waiting.
“I would love to attend the birth so I want her to wait another day or two if she can.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
Sito would like nothing more than to retain his place in the starting line-up but appreciates it is a difficult task.
He added: “When I started against Swansea it was my first 90 minutes for the first team in four months.
“I had two appearances as a substitute and some games for the reserves but it's not the same - I came to England to play football and for me that means in the first team.
“But David Wright has been signed and he is a good right-back, I know it is up to the manager who he wants in the side.
“I was quite happy with my performance against Swansea in the cup but I can do better. It was certainly not my best game for the club.
“But when you remember I have not had many games in the last few months I think I did OK.”
Sito owed his recall to the fact that injury and suspension ruled out Jason De Vos, Alex Bruce and Wright - but that did nothing to stifle his joy.
He said: “The day before the game the manager normally gives a clue as to who will be playing but it wasn't until the Saturday, when he put the team on the board, that I knew for sure.
“It was a wonderful feeling to see my name in the team again.”
Sito is under contract until June 2008 and is just two games away from a landmark 50th appearance for Ipswich.