Spanish giants after Pablo
REAL Betis want to take Pablo Counago back to Spain.But Ipswich's top scorer insists he is happy at Portman Road and would like to stay put.Counago, whose double blast in last night's 6-1 thrashing of Burnley took his season's tally to six, is even keen tocommence talks about a new contract.
By Mel Henderson
REAL Betis want to take Pablo Counago back to Spain.
But Ipswich's top scorer insists he is happy at Portman Road and would like to stay put.
Counago, whose double blast in last night's 6-1 thrashing of Burnley took his season's tally to six, is even keen to
You may also want to watch:
commence talks about a new contract.
However, cash-strapped Ipswich are in no position to
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
discuss a long-term deal with the 24-year-old goal ace, one of the best-paid players at the club.
And they would find it very difficult to turn down an offer for Counago when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Seville-based Betis are currently seventh in the Spanish League, with nine points from six games.
They have only lost once, away to star-studded Real Madrid on the opening day of the season and since then have won two and drawn three.
Counago said: "I have not heard any rumours about Betis. I speak regularly to my agent in Spain and he has said
nothing about it.