Spanish giants after Pablo
REAL Betis want to take Pablo Counago back to Spain.But Ipswich's top scorer insists he is happy at Portman Road and would like to stay put.Counago, whose double blast in last night's 6-1 thrashing of Burnley took his season's tally to six, is even keen tocommence talks about a new contract.
By Mel Henderson
REAL Betis want to take Pablo Counago back to Spain.
But Ipswich's top scorer insists he is happy at Portman Road and would like to stay put.
Counago, whose double blast in last night's 6-1 thrashing of Burnley took his season's tally to six, is even keen to
commence talks about a new contract.
However, cash-strapped Ipswich are in no position to
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 6 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
discuss a long-term deal with the 24-year-old goal ace, one of the best-paid players at the club.
And they would find it very difficult to turn down an offer for Counago when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Seville-based Betis are currently seventh in the Spanish League, with nine points from six games.
They have only lost once, away to star-studded Real Madrid on the opening day of the season and since then have won two and drawn three.
Counago said: "I have not heard any rumours about Betis. I speak regularly to my agent in Spain and he has said
nothing about it.