Spartacus can't wait for Bethnal date
BOXING: Bramford professional boxer Steve Spartacus will be back in action again next month.The Suffolk fighter, whose real name is Steve Smith, will be in action after injury on September 14 at the York Hall in Bethnal Green.
BRAMFORD professional boxer Steve Spartacus will be back in action again next month.
The Suffolk fighter, whose real name is Steve Smith, will be in action after injury on September 14 at the York Hall in Bethnal Green.
And, for Spartacus, the night cannot come quick enough.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The hand injury is better now and I'm back in full training. I kept fit during the injury problem by going to the gym and exercising, making sure I'm ready for my next bout.
"I'm also going to go to London for a few days to practice with a few other boxers."
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
The light-heavyweight boxer recently went to Rome to practice-fight with world number one Vicenzo Cantatore.
He said: "It was a good experience. However it was tough. He was a quick boxer, who had a long punch. I struggled to keep out of range of his blows!"
But, for now, Spartacus has other things on his mind, other than the Italian – and on September 14 it could be Trevor Small, the man who Spartacus was supposed to have a fight against in May before his hand injury occurred.
Small also has had to do with sparring for bouts, as Spartacus explained: "He hasn't fought anyone since I pulled out, after having two cancellations since May."
He added, "I might be on Sky, but I don't know. They'll be there for the big fight, which will happen earlier in the schedule, so I might sneak on at the end of the programme."
Spartacus has also offered to run a coach for all his loyal fans, so they can get down to the fighting arena.
"The coach will leave at around 4pm, from Portman Road. If anyone wants to book a seat the number to phone is 07801 580320."