Spartacus looking for Small victory
STEVE Smith, the Bramford professional boxer who fights under the ring name of Spartacus, has been getting in trim for his big bout later this month.The 24-year-old golden boy of the British light heavyweight division takes on big puncher Trevor Small of Birmingham at Portsmouth on May 25.
By Dave Allard
STEVE Smith, the Bramford professional boxer who fights under the ring name of Spartacus, has been getting in trim for his big bout later this month.
The 24-year-old golden boy of the British light heavyweight division takes on big puncher Trevor Small of Birmingham at Portsmouth on May 25.
A huge following of the Spartacus Army of fans will be going with him including Julie Rands of the Quintessence Hair Studio in Woodbridge Road Ipswich who has seen all Steve's nine winning professional bouts so far.
You may also want to watch:
"She's my biggest fan and a few weeks before every fight I go and see Julie for a haircut," says Smith.
He'll have his work cut out against Small, a tougher than tough Midlander who not long ago finished the pro career of former top amateur James Branch and stopped the impressive run of Carl Smallwood.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid
Small will enter the ring a stone heavier.
"The harder they come the harder they fall as far as I'm concerned," says Smith who is battling to shake off a hand injury.
His hairdresser Julie, who teaches at the Suffolk College, says: "Steve will teach a few boxing lessons to Small. There's no doubt about that."
She added: "All his fans believe he can win the British title one day and possibly go on even further."