Stanton make it five on the trot
SIL SOCCER: Stanton 2 Woodbridge Ath 0. Woodbridge were beaten by two second half goals as Stanton picked up their fifth consecutive win.
Stanton 2 Woodbridge Ath 0
WOODBRIDGE were beaten by two second half goals as Stanton picked up their fifth consecutive win.
Turner, for Stanton, saw his shot well saved from Dixon. Murray then wasted a good chance after a clever pass from Calver. Shave volleyed wide after a strong challenge from Musgrove.
The first chance of the second half fell to Woodbridge but Rador failed to hit the target.
A mazy run from Turner was cleared only for Lombardo to slide Hubbard through who finished clinically for Stanton.
A Stanton corner met the head of Ross only for Dixon to comfortably hold. Minutes later Hubbard saw his shot rebound off the post to safety.
- 1 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 5 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 8 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 9 Burglar caught by family in 'bear hug' jailed for four years
- 10 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
Calver caught Stanton short and crossed for Broom to narrowly head over. Mustoe for Stanton heroically saved in the dying minutes but it was left to Elers to finally seal the points rounding Dixon and stroking home from an angle.