Stewie boost for Blues
FORMER Ipswich hero Marcus Stewart helped beat his old club and then joined the new Blues fan club.The one-time Portman Road goal king's Sunderland outfit ended Town's three-game winning league run at the Stadium of Light.
By Dave Allard
FORMER Ipswich hero Marcus Stewart helped beat his old club and then joined the new Blues fan club.
The one-time Portman Road goal king's Sunderland outfit ended Town's three-game winning league run at the Stadium of Light.
Kevin Kyle's late goal sent Joe Royle's men crashing to a 3-2 defeat last night.
You may also want to watch:
It was a cruel blow for Town who deserved to get something from the game and maintain their progress up the Nationwide League First Division table.
And Stewart admitted: "Ipswich were as good a side as we have played against all season, especially in the first half when they really took the game to us.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 10 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
"There looks to be plenty for Town fans to be encouraged by."
Full story in tonight's Star