Stewie boost for Blues
FORMER Ipswich hero Marcus Stewart helped beat his old club and then joined the new Blues fan club.The one-time Portman Road goal king's Sunderland outfit ended Town's three-game winning league run at the Stadium of Light.
By Dave Allard
FORMER Ipswich hero Marcus Stewart helped beat his old club and then joined the new Blues fan club.
The one-time Portman Road goal king's Sunderland outfit ended Town's three-game winning league run at the Stadium of Light.
Kevin Kyle's late goal sent Joe Royle's men crashing to a 3-2 defeat last night.
It was a cruel blow for Town who deserved to get something from the game and maintain their progress up the Nationwide League First Division table.
And Stewart admitted: "Ipswich were as good a side as we have played against all season, especially in the first half when they really took the game to us.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 2 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 3 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 4 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 5 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 7 A14 slip road closed near Ipswich after BMW catches fire
- 8 Memorial match for colleague killed outside takeaway
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Suffolk cinemas at risk as Cineworld 'set to file for bankruptcy'
"There looks to be plenty for Town fans to be encouraged by."
Full story in tonight's Star