Stow ready for championships
SWIMMING: Stowmarket swimmers are gearing up for the first session in their three-round club championships.This weekend the squads will take to the pool – against each other – to bid for trophy success and a number of personal bests.
By Debbie Watson
STOWMARKET swimmers are gearing up for the first session in their three-round club championships.
This weekend the squads will take to the pool – against each other – to bid for trophy success and a number of personal bests.
Stowmarket has had a particularly successful year, with many swimmers proving themselves a first class act at Open Meet competitions through the region.
They will now look to test themselves alongside their club-mates, while setting out to break many of the long-held records that Stowmarket has.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
Dozens of youngsters are expected to get involved with the three-stage event over the coming weeks, while parents and friends are expected to be providing a much-needed cheerleading team at the home pool.
Paul Prowse, spokesman for the swimming club, said: "We're looking forward to a really great Championship and hope that it will provide a good but fun competitive platform to those who have not been involved in galas previously.
"It's always well attended and with the three week stint it will give competitors a good chance to recover and to be on good form for their races."
The three sessions will take place on Saturday, November 9, Friday, November 15 and Saturday, November 16.
A presentation evening will be held early in the New Year.