Stow remain in full flow
BOWLS: IN their penultimate Suffolk Inter League match, the Stowmarket League earned a vital win over the Samford League at Shotley Bowls Club to set up a thrilling finale to the season.
In their penultimate Suffolk Inter League match, the Stowmarket League earned a vital win over the Samford League at Shotley Bowls Club to set up a thrilling finale to the season.
Both sides started slowly in coming to terms with the green, each side having three winning rinks and a five-shot advantage to the visitors at ten ends, Stowmarket increased this to 22 shots and four winning rinks at the interval.
Increasing the pressure after tea, Stowmarket went on to win on all rinks, the closest being on
P Alderton's rink where they scored seven shots over the last three ends to win by one shot.
You may also want to watch:
The rink of Ivan Doe, Carol Bishop and Robert Lillistone scored a 46-15 win to take the
presentation spoons for the first time this year.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
The nine points Stowmarket gained sets up an exciting tie on July 29 at Needham Market BC against the 2000 champions Bury League, which is likely to decide the 2001 championship.
Ends summary (Samford first): Five ends 23-27, ten ends 50-55, 15 ends 68-90, 20 ends 90-123, 25 ends 120-153, 31 ends 142-202.
Points: Samford 0 Stowmarket 9.