Stowmarket storm past Swaffham
RUGBY UNION: Stowmarket 62 Swaffham 16. Stowmarket went through to the third round of the Powergen Vase with a decisive ten-tries-to-one victory over Swaffham.
Stowmarket 62 Swaffham 16
STOWMARKET went through to the third round of the Powergen Vase with a decisive ten-tries-to-one victory over Swaffham.
From the kick-off Stowmarket were awarded a scrum for a knock-on. A simple pick-up from Crowe, a pop to Pearmain and a pass to Warner opened the scoring within the first two minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham took the lead with two penalties after the home pack were penalised for going into the scrum too hard.
Play settled and fast running and quick hands got the ball to winger Baker who powered through the defence for the first of his brace.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
Fijian second row Seru displayed his strength and pace with a pick-up from just within the Swaffham half and stepped through the defence to score under the posts.
Quality handling again let Warner in for his second try and Randall was enjoying the kicking practice.
In return the Swaffham fly-half certainly proved he had his kicking boots on with an excellent drop goal from the ten-metre line.
The tries continued with number eight Crowe taking the ball from the back of a scrum to canter in for his try and Seru once again beating the defence to make his second.
Swaffham refused to give up and from a kick-off they caught Stowmarket asleep and drove over in the corner for their only try.
Stowmarket replied heavily. Pearmain scored in his usual fashion with a short dash to the line. Baker again scored in the corner and Welshman Roberts glided in on his knees.